Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hello,
I gave an inground pool that won’t have a pool cover on it this winter. The leaves are done falling from the trees and been removed from the pool. Water levels are inline with normal winterizing. The yard is sectioned off by a 6’ fence and gates are locked. Water has been lowered to below the returns.
Does anyone see a problem with not having a cover for this season?

The cover is typically a safety cover. Safety being the operative word. If you feel you don't need the safety, by all means remove it.

Reactions: Aquaman7
Hello,
I gave an inground pool that won’t have a pool cover on it this winter. The leaves are done falling from the trees and been removed from the pool. Water levels are inline with normal winterizing. The yard is sectioned off by a 6’ fence and gates are locked. Water has been lowered to below the returns.
Does anyone see a problem with not having a cover for this season?
We won’t have one either this winter but will next year. Not sure how much longer before we will have water but by the time one could be made, it may be spring. Would rather never have one but with the leaves there’s no other option long term.

Reactions: Aquaman7
Winter cover around here is basically for the debris from the fall till early spring. Safety usually not the issue as most everyone I know has it fenced off due to insurance regulations so technically you can get away with a large tarp and water bags. If you want to go the extra mile get a large perforated mesh cover on top of the tarp so when spring comes you can lift up the debris that collected over time and just pump the water off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.