Pool cover - was quoted $1200

One other note on management- I only have to add acid about 1x per week during the winter - nothing else. I just unhook 3-4 anchors upstream of the deep end skimmer. I get it mixed in fairly well, even though I’m not dispersing it more evenly around the pool the way it do when the cover isn’t on. My TA never gets too low, regardless of the amount of acid that I add. The downside (or upside depending on your perspective) is that I can’t brush the pool during the winter. That’s one of the reasons I open it up early in the spring - so I can give it a thorough cleaning and let the filter get the debris out of the water.

Another thing, when the sales lady initially called me, I told her to look at my pool on Google Earth and use the earth measuring tool to measure my pool/spa dimensions. She prepared my quote from that.
Too funny. Last time I checked, the Google Earth picture of our house has the pool cover on. Someone once asked me how I kept my water so blue. 🙂

Mine gets folded and kept in the garage. A basement/attic if you have one would work fine also. A shed is a last resort but only because of the bigger chance of rodents.

Reactions: jb
I store mine behind the fence section that we put in as a partition to hide the equipment. It is in full shade when stored, but it gets a lot of sun exposure when on the pool. The PVC roller kind of serves as the storage bin.
1599679730452.jpeg

Does hot tub mean it's attached to the pool, but elevated?

If so, my installer said that when installing, do it first, when removing do it last. Makes the best use of gravity to reduce difficulty.

Thanks epro05. Yes. Attached to pool but elevated. We use our hot tub quite a bit in the winter and we are trying to decide to go around or over the hot tub. Personally, fishing out leaves from the hot tub when you are in it is not the worst thing in the World to have to be doing. To me at least :) Also, since it is elevated, it seems to stay cleaner than the pool itself.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It’s easy. Ours has 5 or 6 anchors on the spa. We just unhook those and throw the spa cover over into the pool. Takes less than 5 minutes. Putting it back on is also easy, as the cover will have been stretched out from being on the pool. We also have a couple of “pillows” that they made for the corner edges of our spa at the waterfall. They keep the sharp edges from tearing the cover.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.