Yucca Valley, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I'm looking for a recommendation for a good durable pool cover. I live in the desert southwest outside of Palm Springs where the summer temps reach 120 and the winter temps get down in the 20's.
The first year I owned a pool I'd bought a used one on craigslist, it lasted 4 years, since then I'm lucky they last 2 years.

Maybe I am missing something. Pool cover.. Solar kinda thing? High desert, my pool cover comes off at 85ish otherwise I will have a green pool. My solar covers last only 1 year otherwise then little blue pops start ending up in my pool. My pool cover is never stored, it is always on.

I keep mine on because it keeps the pool warm - we like it over 82, have gotten it up to 100 once or twice, averages 88-92. Never had a problem with the pool turning green unless the swg stopped working. Only had one or two that left pieces behind, and part of that can be attributed to the unibody construction and the wall separating the spa has a sharp tile edge.

YippeeSkippy, many times the wife has considered it, but not feasible at this time. Biggest concern with one is that we get high winds and are in the desert so the tracks would end up filling with sand.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.