Pool cover experiences

Good luck with the purchase, for $850 you pretty much can’t go wrong. Even if it only lasts 4 years you will only be replacing the cover, Not paying for a cover AND a pool. That was our problem. We had blown our budget by $20k long before any closing thoughts came to mind. Getting the name brand cover huuuuuuuurt.
Ha $20k here too! And it was not from poor budgeting but poor contractors -- again and again. ugh and one HUGE miscalculation of material cost from our wall guy. Oh well -- otherwise I wouldn't have thought twice about it and just went with the "sure thing". We shall see!

Good choice theres not much difference in the cover quality it's the hardware that's different. If you are installing yourself study and watch some youtube vids. I see alot of people DIY and not put the anchors far enough out from coping and you run out of room to tighten straps especially after a few seasons
Good tip but we are having it professionally installed for $300. We are HUGE DIYers (like the massive amount of landscaping that needs to be done) but I don't want to mess with that cover. This company is local, good reputation, and are also going to close the pool properly and we are going to watch and learn while they do that part.

Your experiment with an off-brand cover is timely for me. Our Merlin mesh is installed for the 7th time. I suspect in about 10+ more years I’ll need to replace it (if we are still at this house). I’ll check back in with you then. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.