Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hello,

Im in the process of installing a pool cover. The back side of the pool only has 18” of coping which sits on the bond beam. The area behind the coping is dirt but it sits 5” beneath the height of the coping stone.
Attached below is a picture of the 18” coping/pool deck. Any ideas on how to put anchors on an 18” pool deck?

thanks

Attachments

• 65479756-3240-434E-980A-B5448802F13F.jpeg
    65479756-3240-434E-980A-B5448802F13F.jpeg
    623.1 KB · Views: 23
What’s on the backside of the coping where it drops the 5” to the ground? If that’s a layer of concrete, I wonder if they could put hooks in or even the same kind of anchor that gets embedded into concrete decking. Your hooks from the net would just need to loop over to the back instead of hooking into something on top. If hooks aren’t unsightly or in the way, those would probably be easier. We have the embedded anchors that use the nailhead-like hooks. Total PIA to put on and take off, but the anchors are flush and not even noticeable, so they serve the purpose.

What’s on the backside of the coping where it drops the 5” to the ground? If that’s a layer of concrete, I wonder if they could put hooks in or even the same kind of anchor that gets embedded into concrete decking. Your hooks from the net would just need to loop over to the back instead of hooking into something on top. If hooks aren’t unsightly or in the way, those would probably be easier. We have the embedded anchors that use the nailhead-like hooks. Total PIA to put on and take off, but the anchors are flush and not even noticeable, so they serve the purpose.
Jark,
That for the reply. No concrete behind the coping. 1/2 of the rear of the pool has a retaining wall and the other half just dirt with plants.
Maybe I can embed cable anchors like the one shown below behind the coping.
What are your thoughts on outing the cable anchor behind the coping? The coping sits on an 18” wide by 5” deep concrete slab.
1631149614380.jpeg

The coping will quickly wear through the straps folded over the edge of the coping.

Put lawn stakes into the dirt to anchor the cover. Bury pipes in the dirt to hold the lawn stakes.

I was thinking it would affect the straps. What pipes are you thinking of? An extension of the lawn stakes?

Look at the 18" pipe anchors and the lawn stakes. You may need to MacGyver something together that is longer then what you can buy here. It will take some experimentation to figure out what works for your situation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.