Pool company guy screwed up...

Probably no more than 2 lbs. Do it twice. NO rush.
Ok. I did get about 3lbs of it in there. So I put it in the skimmer and will give it a squeeze now and then. I’m going out of town this evening and back late Monday night. Wife will be here. Going to skip chem testing anything while I’m gone and pick it back up when I return. I think being at 5 FC and the SWG I should be OK.

OK, I'm ready to talk robots! Since the pool company has been fired, I'm going to need to clean this thing myself.

I have a whale brush and brushed the walls today (I'll do that each Saturday). I also have a pressure side pool cleaner (Kreepy Krauly) and that does OK but is not getting everything for sure. I run that about 3 hour a day.

I also have a spa attached to the pool - will the robot clean that? If not, how do you robot users clean the bottom of your spas?

What's the consensus on best robots for my size pool and conditions? I have a nearby pool shed for storage (but there are a few steps involved to get it there). What sort of power supply will I need? I assume they are rechargeable battery?

Do they use my side port the same as the Kreepy Krauly or is it different?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Edit: to add: I have built-in steps, so would be great if it can climb those as well as climb the walls. Any opportunity to also skim the surface of the pool is a bonus to reduce load on my skimmers (I have trees around the pool). My Kreepy Krauly can't climb the stairs and doesn't make it all the way up the walls (maybe that's because it's not set up right, not sure?).

Last edited:
I have a Dolphin Active20 (same as S200). No bells and whistles. Cleans great. I drop it in my spa and let it bounce around, cleans it great too.

Reactions: Pperc
I have a Dolphin Active20 (same as S200). No bells and whistles. Cleans great. I drop it in my spa and let it bounce around, cleans it great too.
Does it climb and do stairs as well? How about surface? Does it attach to where my Kreepy Krauly attaches or something totally separate?

Out of curiosity, what’s the issue with the Kreepy Krauly? Just not good quality tech?

A robot has its own pump and filter. It has a power cord that connects to its power supply that you plug into a receptacle.

It will do deep stairs but most likely not the shallower ones. You will have to brush those. It will climb the walls and scrub the waterline. You have to remove it every few passes and clean the filters. Some remove it after every cleaning run. Whenever your remove it from the pool clean the filters.

Reactions: Pperc

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
A robot has its own pump and filter. It has a power cord that connects to its power supply that you plug into a receptacle.

It will do deep stairs but most likely not the shallower ones. You will have to brush those. It will climb the walls and scrub the waterline. You have to remove it every few passes and clean the filters. Some remove it after every cleaning run. Whenever your remove it from the pool clean the filters.
Thanks. Is cleaning the filters on it as easy as rinsing them out with a hose?

I was reading some threads talking about modifications to the "basket" on them and other modification options. Anything I need to consider?

Cleaning the filters is very easy.

Marina Pool Spa in Denver will exchange the two sets of filter for an Active20 to a combo filter unit for no charge.

The large items are caught in the mesh filter and then the pleat filters catch the fine materials. If you get alot of leaves, it makes cleaning the pool in one pass easier.

The large items are caught in the mesh filter and then the pleat filters catch the fine materials. If you get alot of leaves, it makes cleaning the pool in one pass easier.
Gotcha. So instead of picking which filter you want to use, you get both at the same time?

What does one do with their old pressure side cleaner? I can obviously sell or get rid of the Kreepy Krauly, but what do I do with the outlet in the pool or the extra pump?
Some users have turned them into fountains and used the booster pump to power the fountain. Others just have extra pumps and ports they don't use.

Some users have turned them into fountains and used the booster pump to power the fountain. Others just have extra pumps and ports they don't use.
Do they close the port or just have it as an extra return? I think water comes out of it even when the booster pump isn't on but the main pump is.

Do they close the port or just have it as an extra return? I think water comes out of it even when the booster pump isn't on but the main pump is.
Yes left open a small amount of water will return through the pressure cleaner line even if the booster pump is off. Enough for a small return but for a fountain or actual cleaning then you would have to turn the pump on.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.