Pool company guy screwed up...

Was the stabilizer poured into the skimmer while the filter MPV was in RINSE mode? In that case that stabilizer was dumped out with the rinse and is not in the filter.

Did you add DE after you put the MPV in FILTER mode?

Did you add stabilizer after it was in FILTER mode?

Reactions: kimkats
Good God man take control of your pool! You have the tools you have the support. Use the pool company to close that's it. Almost anyone can open a pool.. I know, as I do my own!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Pperc
Was the stabilizer poured into the skimmer while the filter MPV was in RINSE mode? In that case that stabilizer was dumped out with the rinse and is not in the filter.

Did you add DE after you put the MPV in FILTER mode?

Did you add stabilizer after it was in FILTER mode?
Yes, of course. The stabilizer and DE was added today in filter mode after the water was refilled yesterday and the system circulated overnight.

When you need to. Big storms. Lots of leaves, that kind of stuff. You can wait and see if you need one. They are available online or at Walmart and such.

You can use socks like you wear if that is what you have. The knee highs Marty is talking about it ladies knee highs that are cheap and easy to find at the dollar store. I use my husband's white, tube socks (shhhhhhhhh he does not have a blue LOL).

Do your pool and wallet a favor and fire the pool guy/service. You have the best test kit out there AND TFP to help you. You just think your water is clear. Once we get it dialed in you will wonder how you ever thought it was clear before!!

Now go enjoy your party and pool!!!!

Kim:kim:
I’m asking my wife and she thinks she knows what these are, haha. Someone has to have an Amazon.com link to a product...

Love this kind of motivation! I’m considering it highly now. How often do you test? Weekly for the full kit and daily with the K-1000?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
How often do you test? Weekly for the full kit and daily with the K-1000?

How often do you test? Weekly for the full kit and daily with the K-1000?

K-1000 is only used for pH testing. The chlorine testing just tells you if you have CL or not. Use the FAS/DPD CL test in the TF-100 for FC and CC.

Read Basic Pool Care Schedule - Trouble Free Pool

With a SWG you don't have to test FC daily once you know your SWG is dialed in and generating the correct amount of FC daily. You learn what is normal with your pool and how many days it takes until your pH needs to be adjusted.

I test FC and pH weekly. I may adjust my SWG up or down a bit and add MA as needed.

CYA, CH and TA I check monthly. They hardly change.

Last edited:
Reactions: PoolGate and Pperc
K-1000 is only used for pH testing. The chlorine testing just tells you if you have CL or not. Use the FAS/DPD CL test in the TF-100 for FC and CC.

Read Basic Pool Care Schedule - Trouble Free Pool

With a SWG you don't have to test FC dialy once you knwo your SWG is dialed in and generating the correct amount of FC daily. You learn what is normal with your pool and how many days it takes until your pH needs to be adjusted.

I test FC and pH weekly. I may adjust my SWG up or donw a bit and add MA as needed.

CYA, CH and TA I check monthly. They hardly change.
Great info, thanks!

Here is a link. It is just one that came up when I put in "knee high hose". There might be better prices as I just grabbed the first one that came up.

If you keep a log of your test results you will start to see patterns. Once you learn your pool's needs you will be able to back off on the daily testing. Know you will need to adjust things with the different seasons as the water temp has a huge impact on the pool's needs.

Here is a link. It is just one that came up when I put in "knee high hose". There might be better prices as I just grabbed the first one that came up.

If you keep a log of your test results you will start to see patterns. Once you learn your pool's needs you will be able to back off on the daily testing. Know you will need to adjust things with the different seasons as the water temp has a huge impact on the pool's needs.

Thank you but I don’t see the link for some reason (maybe because I’m on mobile?).

Only one season here in Philly - summer :)

I’m using PoolMath and paid to store my logs!

This is what i use.

Coopache 30-Pack of Pool Skimmer Socks - Filters Baskets, Skimmers Cleans Debris and Leaves for In-Ground and Above Ground Pools Amazon.com : Coopache 30-Pack of Pool Skimmer Socks - Filters Baskets, Skimmers Cleans Debris and Leaves for In-Ground and Above Ground Pools : Garden & Outdoor
Thanks, those look interesting. Maybe worth using as I have a lot of trees around the pool.

I don’t think these are useful for adding CYA though, right? That’s what we were talking about above. Even if you were using this you’d still use a nylon ladies hose and put that into the skimmer basket wearing one of these socks?

Thanks, those look interesting. Maybe worth using as I have a lot of trees around the pool.

I don’t think these are useful for adding CYA though, right? That’s what we were talking about above. Even if you were using this you’d still use a nylon ladies hose and put that into the skimmer basket wearing one of these socks?

This is exactly what i use for cya. It holds around 5 pounds.

Oh, I see! Do you use them regularly on your baskets as well?

Nope filter socks get too nasty to clean used as filter socks. You'd be constantly replacing them. I let my filter do it's job and not worry about stuff getting into it. I have never seen any logic to prefiltering.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.