Pool Color - Can’t Decide. Need Help!

Mikeal81

Oct 17, 2019
Macon, GA
We are having an extremely difficult time deciding between a few different pool colors. Blue Surf, Blue Granite, or Bordeaux. Our pool builder has been slow to get us available addresses to see. If anyone in Central Georgia or Metro Atlanta has one of these colors and doesn’t mind us stopping by for us to see, please let me know. Thanks!

I'm the oddball who didn't want to go with blue, I went with "Irish Mist" which is not as green as you'd think... here is the semi-official thread on this here...I am not sure if there are examples of your color choices there or not. It's exceedingly difficult to tell anything on a computer monitor anyway...

I'm the oddball who didn't want to go with blue, I went with "Irish Mist" which is not as green as you'd think... here is the semi-official thread on this here...I am not sure if there are examples of your color choices there or not. It's exceedingly difficult to tell anything on a computer monitor anyway...

So let me put in an opposing view. I wanted a blue pool, and we had some neighbors do their pool just before us and picked a bunch of pebble darker blue colors. My wife did not like the darkness. So we went with white plaster with pebbles having some blue in them. Not sure what the exact color scheme was. Anyway white shows blue with water in it. Very happy with the color.

I dont know if this is true or not, but I have been told white will also not fade or lose color or is less likely to get splotchy. The experts here can tell you that. But I know that I have gone hot on chlorine once during a SLAM and it did not affect the plaster.

In person observations are in the eye of the beholder. Ask the potential pool builders if they can show you pools in the colors you are interested in. Some will ask the owners and many will say yes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.