Pool closing question if you use 55 gallon drum

Here is how I do mine. 2 ropes with one tied around the barrel. Done this way for the last 12 years.

7AbFpNk.jpg

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
This is what I use...

I use 550 cord and what is called a barrel hitch.
The top of my barrels have weep holes that I attach another 2 550 cord lengths to, and place it using 3 tie downs. That way I can center it where I want it in the middle of the pool, and the cats can't move it.
I will take pictures when I do it this year for you, but, as I live in the "Deep" south, it may be a bit late in the season for you.

Here is how I do mine. 2 ropes with one tied around the barrel. Done this way for the last 12 years.

7AbFpNk.jpg
I have a 21" AGP. I did the same thing. However, I drained my pool below the filter lines. Since the water line is lower, the barrel does not hold the cover up very high in the middle. Do you drain your pool?

However, I drained my pool below the filter lines.
In reading this thread, I was wondering why anyone would use something as large as a 55 gallon drum as support for a cover. That explains it. Since I don’t drain my pool, I’m able to get away with a couple of pieces of styrofoam, which are more easily managed.

1633612252596.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.