Pool cleaning question after paver deck leveling, sanding and resealing.

May 30, 2011
I'm having my pool deck pavers leveled, sanded and sealed. I know there will be sand in the pool no matter how careful the workers are to keep it out. Does anyone have any advice on the best way of vacuuming the sand out of the pool after the work is completed. I have the standard suction side pool poll hose and vacuum head attachment I use for normal maintenance, however I'm wondering what the wear and tear on my pool equipment would be that would make this approach unadvisable. Is there any alternative methods folks have used for this type of cleanup. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

I had my pavers sand and sealed a month ago. The company that did the work had a special vacuum they used to clean the sand out of my pool. It did a great job to remove the sand but I did find a small amount of residual sand a couple hours after they left. I brushed it towards the drains. I did a backwash after that, it was time as part of my regularly schedule maintenance (I had planned for this), haven't seen any issues. Might ask the company who does your work if they have special vac to remove sand from your pool.

Thanks for the information. My paver company doesn't have the portable vacuum suggested. However I've found a local pool cleaning company who does offer the cleanup of this type. That is probably the route I'll go. Thanks again for the idea.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.