Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
FC 14
TA 110
CYA 50
pH 8

Appears my CYA levels have dropped (90 to 50) and I have over chlorinated the pool. I was also running my aerators (pH WAS low) and turned those off. We’re suppose to get 10”+ this weekend from TS Barry. After the rains, do you think I can go back to using my chlorine/cya pucks in the tower? Anything else?

The only way to know if pucks are a good idea or not is to look at test results. What I think is irrelevant. What anyone else thinks is irrelevant. What matters is what does the test say? If CYA ends up low after the rain, feel free to use pucks again. Just be aware that they are acidic so that if your pH or TA are already low from rainwater dilution, you risk it going too low.

Reactions: MyAZPool
Also, your pH test won't be accurate when your FC is over 10. It will read falsely high. Wait for FC to come down before adding anything to adjust pH.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.