Pool Check Valve

Lucky13F

Jun 9, 2020
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Pool Size
I believe this is called a Pool Check Valve.

If not - please tell me what it is called.

But my questions is:

Should this be FULL of Water in any cycle? [filter, rinse, backwash, etc]
ALL cycles?
Just some cycles?

Can there be bubbles?
Or can it even be low?

20200616_083403.jpg

Attachments

• 20200616_083536.jpg
    20200616_083536.jpg
    575.5 KB · Views: 2
This morning I opened it -- cleaned up the o-ring and lubed it up a ton. Prior to this - it was repeatedly lowering and then you could hear the pump strain a bit as it refilled.

The psi would fluctuate along with that.

Since I did this clean / lube this morning --- that seems to have stopped completely. It was advice I read in a different thread actually.

My bro-in-law thinks it should be completely filled with water -- no bubbles at all.

I am not saying it is empty - no. I just want to know if he is right and if it should be FULL to as close to the brim as possible -- or just have a steady fill and flow?

Also -- I think the link you chose is for water chemistry -- not potential leaks.

This morning I opened it -- cleaned up the o-ring and lubed it up a ton. Prior to this - it was repeatedly lowering and then you could hear the pump strain a bit as it refilled.

The psi would fluctuate along with that.

Since I did this clean / lube this morning --- that seems to have stopped completely. It was advice I read in a different thread actually.

My bro-in-law thinks it should be completely filled with water -- no bubbles at all.

I am not saying it is empty - no. I just want to know if he is right and if it should be FULL to as close to the brim as possible -- or just have a steady fill and flow?

Also -- I think the link you chose is for water chemistry -- not potential leaks.
I have a different style of filter basket, but its my understanding that it should be 100% full of water with no air.

I found this and read it -- so it seems you are right. ZERO bubbles / air should be seen -- and I see a LOT of bubles.

I printed out Page 2 of that -- and when I can get outside tonight -- will go 1 by 1 and try to pin this issue down -- or have to pay someone to do it. :cautious:

I cant see what you're reading but I would check drain plugs, o-rings, and valves for leaks first. also make sure all the valves that are supposed to be open, are. I know if i close my main drain, I need to have both skimmers open or else I get cavitation bubbles.

The link I meant to paste above -- is what I intend to do...

5 Kids - Last Week of School - Work From Home - I "INTEND" to do lots of things...

I thought I would check it all this morning before any kids woke up... but they woke up too early.

I'll have to find the time today.

Reactions: Flying Tivo
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.