Pool care during long term absence

Malico

Bronze Supporter
May 16, 2018
Macomb Twp, MI
Hi all,

We purchased a lake house here recently and I will be in a spot where I will be leaving the pool for 1-2 weeks at a time. One of my questions is around the solar cover and leaving it on or off during extended periods of being gone. With my setup, I have Hayward Sense & Dispense, even though I don't use ORP, I can maintain control over the chlorine and pH levels remotely. It is more the impact of the debris I am worrying about. With the solar cover on, while it keeps evaporation down, planet debris build up fast and can cause the chlorine levels to get a little crazy.

So if I am gone for a couple of weeks, cover on or cover off? I am leaning towards cover on and turn the salt cell up some to maintain higher chlorine levels. Curious what others do.

Thanks!

with my SWG and a cover on my FC levels go up because less crud gets in the pool.. Are you saying more crud gets in with the cover on?? Does it cover the entire surface??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.