Pool Builder in Maryland? Ballpark pricing?

I'm getting ready to buy a house and was trying to factor in the cost of the pool/outdoor entertainment area into the financing of the house, but was unsure about the cost of something as extravagant as we are looking for. We are looking for something kinda crazy... We want a lazy river, with sunken swim up bar (covered) in the middle, a slide integrated into a 2-3 person grotto, and a shallow sun shelf area big enough for 2-3 water lounge chairs. Ideally the sunken bar would have a full outdoor kitchen, and would have a powder room integrated into the covered area that the sunken bar/kitchen would also be a part of.

We are looking for a rough ballpark idea of how much something like what is shown in the linked video below would cost (minus the basketball court and putting green). Not asking for a quote obviously, but we are trying to decide what kinda of house and pool area we can fit into our budget, and what we are looking for is totally out of the norm, especially in Maryland. We know the terrain/layout of our property is going to affect costs, as well as finishes, material choices, actual size, lighting, landscaping, etc., but I have no idea if this is a 100-200-300k or more pool/entertainment area we are eyeing up and we are willing to sacrifice a brand new McMansion for something that will become a vacation in our backyard and a hub for our friends and family to congregate and make memories.

Thoughts and input are more than welcome :)

My wag is $200k.

FYI: Rowen could build what you are asking for they did a recent build 2 doors down from me and it is fantastic. High end builder.

Firmly agree you'll be in the 2-300 range.

We made a family decision (kids got to vote also) to put the pool in with newly available funds at the time versus spending the same money on one or 2 vacations a year (roughly $10k a year). The loan is almost paid and we never second guessed the decision. Not even an iota of a thought. Your scope of the project is far beyond ours, but if you have the money to do it, you were probably taking much better vacations than us too so it might be an even swap proportionately.

We have made so many more good memories by having friends over many many times instead of what memories we could have gotten on a dozen vacations.

Reactions: PlaysARobin

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
@kimkats @YippeeSkippy etal are gonna have a field day with this. They LOVE spending other people’s money and this will be better than Christmas. They are also all very knowledgeable and have boatloads of insight/ideas. You found the right place sir.

Thanks for the info and insight everyone, you've given us a lot to think about. When we move into our new place I'll start a new thread on our build and link that thread here
I would like for you to keep it here. This is like the start of the story and what an epic story it will be!!

@kimkats @YippeeSkippy etal are gonna have a field day with this. They LOVE spending other people’s money and this will be better than Christmas. They are also all very knowledgeable and have boatloads of insight/ideas. You found the right place sir.

Your rang??? LOL Hey now all I try to do is make sure it is the best spent money possible. Now if there is a little BLING along the way then so be it!! hehe

Kim:kim:

Reactions: Newdude
Your rang??? LOL Hey now all I try to do is make sure it is the best spent money possible. Now if there is a little BLING along the way then so be it!! hehe

Kim:kim:

I saw a mushroom cloud off in the distance towards Florida this morning. I figured you had a nuclear short circuit at the possibilities of this build. Sooooooo up your alley.

For the record, my original ‘Etal’ included the other 100 or so experts for various stages of the build. The post would have been 50 pages of names if I listed y’all specifically and right now it’s early planning. Marty, the Jims, James, Robs and all can take over down the line. Like I said Cesaer, you are in a very good place here.

We made a family decision (kids got to vote also) to put the pool in with newly available funds at the time versus spending the same money on one or 2 vacations a year (roughly $10k a year). The loan is almost paid and we never second guessed the decision. Not even an iota of a thought. Your scope of the project is far beyond ours, but if you have the money to do it, you were probably taking much better vacations than us too so it might be an even swap proportionately.

We have made so many more good memories by having friends over many many times instead of what memories we could have gotten on a dozen vacations.

This. Right. Here.

We (I was the hesitant one, who manages the finances) agreed that the memories of having a backyard vacation always available to enjoy with friends, family, us, was more valuable than a more lavish vacation every year. We're big road trip type people anyway, which are almost universally more affordable. So we'll continue to do those on a modest budget, and enjoy our backyard as often as possible.

For us, the littles are only little for a little while, and I had to be reminded to prepare for tomorrow, but not at the expense of today.

For us, the littles are only little for a little while, and I had to be reminded to prepare for tomorrow, but not at the expense of today.

Ha. I, the more responsible and practical one thought we should replace our siding and 40 year old windows that lose $1000 a year in energy costs with the original funds. The Missus pointed out that windows weren’t ‘fun’ and it would be a disservice to the kids to make them wait another 7 years for the pool. I decided that although it wasn’t fiscally responsible, she was still absolutely right.

I never planned on being the party house. The pool was just for us. Once we had the pool and didn’t want to go anywhere else, it became a ‘how many people do we have to have over so we don’t have to leave’ kinda thing. Which inadvertently led to many a good times with friends.

Reactions: PlaysARobin
How does the kitchen and powder room plumbing work with something like this? Water lines in and sewer lines out will have to be under the pool shell, say 12-15 feet deep? With some kind up sump pump to get the outflow back up to septic/sewer grade level?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.