Pool build layout

Ellen M

Bronze Supporter
Oct 25, 2020
San Diego
Congratulations!! That's good to know how well your heater works (we got the 400k as well). Lately I've been thinking I'm spending $$$$ for our build, just to sit and watch it for 4 months before spring 2022 :D. If the heater works that well I'll be able to heat it to enjoy it for a few weeks before winter :D
Thanks. In reference to heat: we did everything to provide heat- a) 400k heater, b) we increased our solar panels to allow for the AquaCal SQ 225 HeatPump which as long as the air temp is above 50 degrees it will heat the pool, & c) thermal panels when warm out. Once the AquaCal is set up tomorrow (got delayed) then we shift to running electric vs gas. The spa will need a slight boost from 88 to 98 when in the spa, but that cost should be relatively minor (especially when we add all the cost of a pool and hard & soft landscaping. I hope you will be able to enjoy. I have swam 2 x a day for 1 hr each and an hr in the spa. I think semi-retirement is getting even better. Today I went before work, in between work and likely again post work. Missed most of opportunity to take sun pictures but grabbed a few today. Post soon, Ellen M

Ellen M

Bronze Supporter
Oct 25, 2020
San Diego
It was pretty cloudy all weekend up here near the Foothills, I can't wait to see your pool on a sunny day. How do you like the mini pebble?

Very interesting you were able to turn your heater on right away. I have two more weeks (28 day wait) before I can turn my heater on.
Our Pentair chemistry/pool start up expert said that even though it is what many say, each pool requires individual assessment and it is not true for us due to a-shotcrete was poured 7/13 and well cured, b-mini-pebble does not require wait, c-our chemistry was good, and d-very little time needed to filter as pool was well washed and pipes were fairly clear. He was here for hrs before I swam. He came about 9 and I swam about 2 pm. You may want to double check with other experts. I would love know you got to swim soon.
Some sun pictures in next post. I am working today so I could only take a few. Ellen M

Reactions: Haku84

Haku84

May 20, 2021
California
Our Pentair chemistry/pool start up expert said that even though it is what many say, each pool requires individual assessment and it is not true for us due to a-shotcrete was poured 7/13 and well cured, b-mini-pebble does not require wait, c-our chemistry was good, and d-very little time needed to filter as pool was well washed and pipes were fairly clear. He was here for hrs before I swam. He came about 9 and I swam about 2 pm. You may want to double check with other experts. I would love know you got to swim soon.
Some sun pictures in next post. I am working today so I could only take a few. Ellen M
Yes I've been swimming, just have to wait to use the heater in the spa. Did a little landscaping project this weekend since it was nice and cool.

Attachments

• landscape1.jpg
    landscape1.jpg
    568 KB · Views: 20

Ellen M

Bronze Supporter
Oct 25, 2020
San Diego
Yes I've been swimming, just have to wait to use the heater in the spa. Did a little landscaping project this weekend since it was nice and cool.
Very nice! Many pool owner neighbors have cautioned about anything that attracts bees or blows into the pool. I decided I will buy less plants to start, leaving them in the pots and see how the environment handles the plants. We cut back our trees and took a few out before the dig. Today the gardener noted that there is one tree that should be removed as it is the only tree close and dropping into the pool. So the arborist will have a 3rd trip out! Ellen M

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
I hope you both go to this thread:

and add YOUR wonderful pools. Make sure to put in kind, color, extras, etc info about the plaster. Take a pic showing the steps, shallow end and deep end to show how the depth changes the color.

Ellen M

Bronze Supporter
Oct 25, 2020
San Diego
I hope you both go to this thread:

and add YOUR wonderful pools. Make sure to put in kind, color, extras, etc info about the plaster. Take a pic showing the steps, shallow end and deep end to show how the depth changes the color.
Will do this weekend. I am waiting to get some full sun pictures as well and then I will post. I also sent pictures to Lightstreams of the step markers for her postings as well. I am very interested in supporting future pool builders.

Despite seeing 2 midnight blue mini pebbles in full sun, ours even in 11 am-12 pm sun does not appear blue. We are gathering it is the narrow 8' wide pool. Pictures make it appear lighter but it really is more lagoon. Yet when we saw tropics in full sun, it was very light blue. So unpredictable despite our best shot.

Been swimming multiple times of the day. Coldest pool moment was 86! Today our aqua cal heat pump was set up with the needed 80 amp and now we are fully electric and using the solar. Our gas bill will be interesting for 80 hrs. I love the three 2" wide 3 deep heat returns; the warmth is a delight for age cold bodies! The 14 jets are also not overkill! The Badu jets on low speed turned on in the scheduled program while I swam. I gave it a shot but my arms are not in that kind of shape! Maybe my adult kids will appreciate when they visit later this month.

Have a great day! Ellen M

• Love
Reactions: kimkats