Pool Build in Northern CA - MORE pictures

Have you decided on your autocover? Will the track be on top of the bond beam? Or screwed underneath the overhang of your coping?

We were shown samples of our glass tile with a white thinset and gray thinset. We're going with the white thinset so that the true color of the glass tiles will show through. We're thinking of going with a light gray grout. This is the one that was recommended by the installer. I really liked the color when we were looking at it in the sun, but now looking back at my pics, I'm wondering if it's too light. It actually looks lighter in my shade pics (so does the pebble finish), so it might be my camera. Any thoughts on the grout color?

Grout10.jpg Grout4.jpg grout8.jpg
This last pic shows a lot of different grout color options.
Grout.jpg

In the pic with all the colors I personally like the top one on the left and the bottom right warm grey. I’m under construction too so I may not be the best to give advice, but I think when the grout is wet it might appear a little darker? Not sure though. Plus you’ll likely only see a little bit since the waterline will cover half the tile. Which one matches closetest to your coping? You won’t really see it against your pebble finish. It looks great so far!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That wall is great... I thought plumbing in the bondbeam causes cracks? there a lot of pipes in that walll!
The plumbing for the sheer descents is coming up behind the raised bondbeam. That plumbing isn't set in the bondbeam.
RBB.jpg
As for the other pipes set inside the rebar, I have no idea how that works. I figured it was normal. And yes, there are a lot of pipes in there!

Last edited:
looks great.. Your mason is doing a great job. Be sure they leave you some air holes in your fire pit. I assume that is not really a sewer clean out cover they will be burying under the fire pit??

Reactions: kcarlile
looks great.. Your mason is doing a great job. Be sure they leave you some air holes in your fire pit. I assume that is not really a sewer clean out cover they will be burying under the fire pit??
No, they won't be burying a sewer clean out cover under the fire pit. That cover is actually just covering where our existing gas line is. We planned for a fire pit and bbq island about 12 years ago when we originally put in our backyard. We just couldn't afford to add those items at the time, but knew we would want to add them some day. So, my husband just covered the hole with that sewer cover. I will be happy to get rid of that cover and the other existing pipes that are sticking up on our patio for the island. If you look to the very right in this picture, you can see the pipes sticking out of the patio for the bbq island.
Before.jpg

What is general rule for diving...8 feet deep? Planning our PB at the moment and still on fence between 7 or 8. We plan to have a raised wall of 18-24" high.

Sorry not meant to hijack thread.

What is general rule for diving...8 feet deep? Planning our PB at the moment and still on fence between 7 or 8. We plan to have a raised wall of 18-24" high.

Sorry not meant to hijack thread.
I can't help you since my rule is no diving. I would assume 8' or more with a gradual trough so you don't run into the bottom.

Your pool looks very nice. With that abrupt depth change you will need to make sure that everyone understands that you can jump off the wall but you can't dive off the wall.
Yes, our pool will definitely have a no diving rule. We actually increased our pool depth from 6 ft to 7 ft just because we wanted to make sure that there was plenty of room to jump safely off of the wall into the deep end.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.