Pool Build in Baytown, Texas. Portable Shower by Pool Question

ap2002

Bronze Supporter
Apr 12, 2016
Houston, TX
I have also looked into it, really not a lot of choices if you wanted to look decent and getting away with HOA. I'm thinking about building a 8x12 storage shed that matches the house, then split the inside with a wall, leave a 8x4 for toilet and vanity (no shower) and the other 8x8 storage for my lawn mower storage. Each side will have there own exterior door. Ofcourse restroom side will be tiled in nicely. here is a pic of what I have in mind but not as tall though.

misplacetexan

Bronze Supporter
Feb 2, 2016
Baytown, Texas
Would love to have a half bath by the pool, but my plumbing is locating in the front of my home.

I have also looked into it, really not a lot of choices if you wanted to look decent and getting away with HOA. I'm thinking about building a 8x12 storage shed that matches the house, then split the inside with a wall, leave a 8x4 for toilet and vanity (no shower) and the other 8x8 storage for my lawn mower storage. Each side will have there own exterior door. Ofcourse restroom side will be tiled in nicely. here is a pic of what I have in mind but not as tall though.

Isaac-1

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 10, 2010
SW Louisiana
You could always install a composting toilet, probably cheaper than running a sewage line, and if you installed it in a portable building style shed you could use one that looks mostly like a regular toilet with the tank below the floor.

ap2002

Bronze Supporter
Apr 12, 2016
Houston, TX
Would love to have a half bath by the pool, but my plumbing is locating in the front of my home.
Our plumbing is towards the front of the house but still technically on the side, we will probably have to run about 35ft of sewer pipe and about 20ft Of Water Supply, after a lot of research this the best idea for us, it will keep a lot of traffic out of the house and definitely keep water out since we have wood floors,

allinspector

Feb 25, 2016
Atlanta, GA
it will keep a lot of traffic out of the house and definitely keep water out since we have wood floors
This!

That's why we are putting in a outdoor bathroom and outdoor kitchen.

I want to have big pool parties with the doors to the house locked. :)

I think you will not regret doing it right and plumbing it into your sewer/septic system.

ap2002

Bronze Supporter
Apr 12, 2016
Houston, TX
yes wouldn't that be nice to lock the doors lol... i know if might cost a little more upfront on doing it right but it will be well worth it IMO,

i am really surprise with all these great pool builds that outside restrooms are not more common on this forum.

Isaac-1

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 10, 2010
SW Louisiana
My guess is so many of the pool builds we see are on modern postage stamp size lots there is often not enough room to add an outdoor pool building with a bathroom