Pool Brush Nylon Vs. Poly Bristles

Jul 21, 2012
I need to buy a new brush for my AG pool. Are nylon bristles longer lasting than poly or does it make no difference? I have read that the Whale Wall is a good brush but seems to have some issues with corrosion. Also, I need a brush now and the Whale Wall isn't available locally. The blue and white brush has poly bristles and is available at Walmart for $15.47. The HDX one has white nylon bristles. I can get that one from Home Depot for $16.98. I would appreciate opinions on which one is the better choice. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• f897705e-3556-4ce0-885f-b19c72cd25e5.91f9ae5adc230c600ef350bd3b86bdc1.jpeg
    f897705e-3556-4ce0-885f-b19c72cd25e5.91f9ae5adc230c600ef350bd3b86bdc1.jpeg
    127.4 KB · Views: 11
  • brush.png
    brush.png
    33 KB · Views: 11
I have the one on the right. Works fine, but I learned from my previous brush not to leave it outside in the sun and heat. I put mine in the open mudroom now, and it has lasted for years.

Reactions: mknauss
I have the metal one from Home Depot like the bottom pic- I haven’t had issues with the bristles falling out that i had with the plastic one of years past. It does however have rust stains on the bristles where they connect to the head. Doesn’t seem to affect operation. I leave mine outside all the time year round. It’s on its 3rd season.

We needed the brush right away so my husband opted for the one from Home Depot with the nylon bristles. There are many negative reviews about the Walmart brush stating that the plastic bristles begin falling out in less than a year. I would like to try a brush with a fin someday though. Apparently some people rig up their own fin and attach it to a regular brush.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.