Pool Bonding with paver path

Frogdog

Mar 4, 2020
North Florida
Hello. I am installing a semi-inground pool, 15 foot round, with a paver path going out to it. The pool is extruded aluminum, aquasport 52.

We have it dug in approx 26 inches.

We forgot to bond the pool. My thought is I will get the skimmer bonding equipment and then put in 4 bonding lugs equidistant around the pool by drilling into the extruded aluminum and attaching where I've drilled.

However, we put in a paver pathway up to the pool, starting approximately 1 foot from pool edge. I know I can push the 8-gauge copper wire under the pathway at 18 inches out and the pool would stay grounded, but I am thinking that each paver itself would also need to be ground.

Rather than pull up the pavers 3 feet out and put a grounding grid over it, I am thinking of simply installing a wood / composite deck over the pavers starting 40 inches from the pool wall and covering up to the pool, then adding a stair on that deck.

Would this be adequate or would I still need to properly ground the pavers or take them up?

See pictures. The pic of the pool side wall is to show what I would be drilling into to attach copper lugs.

Attachments

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
You don't need to bond each paver. Read...

jimmythegreek

TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
In The Industry
Aug 10, 2017
Morris Cnty NJ
Just bond in 4 spots around pool and tuck the wire in tight where it passes between pool and walkway. And bond anything metal to that ring within 6ft or less