Pool Blaster CX- 1 Cordless pool cleaner

Jun 27, 2016
Ontario
Has anyone seen or used the Pool Blaster CX-? It is chordless and designed to stay in the pool for a week between charges.

I am in search of a new pool cleaner and the thought of no more power and ambilical cords would expect nice.

I would like to know how well this thing actually cleans though.

The one drawback I can see is it uses a bag instead of a filter canister which looks like it would be a pain to clean.

Pool Blaster CX-1 seems to be the only cordless pool cleaner out there. Why has no one else cone up with a product like this?

OK so for the weekly schedule it is 1 hr first day and 30min each day after so a total of 4 hours run time.

I would love to be able to test it out before spending the 1500 on it.

I was hoping someone here would have e seen this thing in action.

THat price alone shocks me. o_O The short run time are ridiculous, IMO. I tend to distrust the lifespan of big battery items.

All this just to avoid plugging in a robot and seeing a small thin blue cord go in the pool? Feh. I'll stick with the cord. Once in the pool I barely see it, and its not terribly noticeable on the deck, works far better for sure.

Maddie :flower:

Why has no one else cone up with a product like this?

Battery life. This cleaner apparently maxes out at 4 hours (believe it when I see it) and then needs 8 hours to charge. It says it can cover the entire pool in one hour (again, believe it when I see it). This past month I ran my cleaner a lot, frequently two cycles, back to back (lots of cottonwood and silver maple "helicopters"). I've had a robot for as long as I've had a pool and the cord is the least bothersome aspect of pool ownership. Oh, the filter bag is a 100% dealbreaker; that's inexcusable 1990's technology.

Reactions: DjEclipse
One thing I would worry about is that li ion batteries have a life of approximately 300 charges depending on various factors the battery is subjected to, not mention the batteries fear of water. As the batteries age run time diminishes and charge time increases. If the batteries were user replaceable, it may be nice depending on what a battery costs. My guess is they are not because of the water proofing (similar to why cell phone are not replaceable. 4 hours sounds like a long time for run time. Compare them to say an I robot that runs for around an hour.

Something to think about, unless li ion tech has changed recently or I am just old school.

Reactions: DjEclipse
Battery life. This cleaner apparently maxes out at 4 hours (believe it when I see it) and then needs 8 hours to charge. It says it can cover the entire pool in one hour (again, believe it when I see it). This past month I ran my cleaner a lot, frequently two cycles, back to back (lots of cottonwood and silver maple "helicopters"). I've had a robot for as long as I've had a pool and the cord is the least bothersome aspect of pool ownership. Oh, the filter bag is a 100% dealbreaker; that's inexcusable 1990's technology.

Yes the old style bag was the reason I didn't buy it in the first place. But now I see the battery life is a major issue.

I hate the chord on my current pool cleaner it is a pain as it always tangles so after every cycle I have to take it out and straightened it. I would rather leave it in so it can clean until we actually use the pool.

There is another battery operated cleaner that charges inside the pool like a robot lawn mower does but it's $4000 +

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.