pool automation upgrade

adeel421

Jul 30, 2021
west palm beach, florida
HI guys...i need help with pool automation...
i know there are few major brands out there but there are so many options that its so confusion which is the right one with enough relays to control my equipment....
i want to know which pool automation is best based on peoples experience here??
My current automation was not wireless capable (hayward gold series), it was old and got fried with a lightning strike. i want to upgrade but not sure which ones are good for the price....
i have following equipment
- a pentair variable speed pump superflo which cleans my pool and spa...
- a pool light,
- a spa light,
- spa blower,
- two automatic valves that control pool and spa and
- a pool/spa heater....
i was looking at zodiac aqualink iq904-ps
Not sure if its a good one....this has 4 relays but i can definitely use 5 relays or more if possible.
i would like to control with my phone....please help and let me know what specific model numbers will work with all this equipment.

Last edited:

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX

It is always better to have too many relays than not enough... I personally like the new Pentair IntelliCenter, but with your existing equipment, any of the big 3 automation systems would work.

Did your Hayward system control your SuperFlo VS speeds or just turn it on and off??

Thanks,

Jim R.

adeel421

Jul 30, 2021
west palm beach, florida

It is always better to have too many relays than not enough... I personally like the new Pentair IntelliCenter, but with your existing equipment, any of the big 3 automation systems would work.

Did your Hayward system control your SuperFlo VS speeds or just turn it on and off??

Thanks,

Jim R.
with my current system i had it controlled using two relays...since i had a superflo pump i used the relays to trigger the two speeds and make it run automatically using two speeds...i was also looking at iq904-ps but that one has 4 relays. (not sure if more relays can be added as extra accessories?)...
at this point i cannot find any of the iq904 anywhere...all are out of stock :(

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.