Pool Automation solution with NTP client

vincente

Mar 1, 2021
Dallas
Greetings,

I have an iAqualink that I purchased many years ago and installed myself. The iOS app is my primary pool interface.

My biggest complaint is that every time the power goes out, or I have to power cycle the system, it is necessary to *manually* reset the system clock via the clunky web interface.

Does anyone know of a solution that can automatically query an NTP server to set the time, just like ALL of the other network devices that I own?

Is there a newer version of iAqualink that fixes this?

Looking for something that does not require a monthly service contract. Apple HomeKit integration would be a plus. Not an Alexa or Google fan.

Thanks,

Vincente

Reactions: RickRoss
Welcome to TFP.

Your Aqualink has a 9V battery in the lower right of the control panel. You will see one screw that if removed opens a little door where the battery is. The battery maintains the time when the power goes out. Make a note to replace the battery every year.

Reactions: vincente
Does anyone know of a solution that can automatically query an NTP server to set the time, just like ALL of the other network devices that I own?

Is there a newer version of iAqualink that fixes this?

The clock on my iAqualink is notoriously inaccurate. It probably loses 5-10 seconds every day, which quickly adds up to a pretty large disparity between the iAqualink and the actual time. I haven't found anything that I can set to tell the device to resync itself to an NTP time server or other network time source. It's a head-scratcher that they exist to run scheduled operations and didn't provide a way to keep the system time synchronized to a reliable time source.

Clunky software, little or no innovation. Sadly, this is what we get from the lazy duopoly that controls the production and distribution of nearly all pool automation technology. These companies have little or no incentive to improve. They don't even have an online firmware update system! Didn't that become standard for network devices almost 20 years ago?

Welcome to TFP.

Your Aqualink has a 9V battery in the lower right of the control panel. You will see one screw that if removed opens a little door where the battery is. The battery maintains the time when the power goes out. Make a note to replace the battery every year.

Yes, I was aware, Thanks! I was hoping there might have been a software update after all of this time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.