Pool Automation Question

Jul 19, 2014
Hudson Ohio
So as we think through a new pool one of the things that interests me is some automation. For the new build we will definitely be going with a SWCG. The PB we will likely go with is a Jandy dealer. I would like options to automate pH, salt cell, pool light, landscape lights, temp water feature. Planning a small pool of 5-6k gallons. There would also be a VS pump. What kind of equipment should I look at to get a better idea of what I will be looking at?

Ramsey,

I am not a Jandy kind of guy, but all the things you list are easy to do on most automation systems.. Keep in mind that things that need 120 or 220 volts to work will need a relay to turn them on or off.. Entry level systems usually have 4 relays with one being restricted for use as the pump/filter relay. That leaves you with three... a pool light and Landscape lights take two more leaving you with one.. If you use that one for a pad light, you now have zero relays left. This is why you should buy an 8 relay system to begin with...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.