Pool alarm recommendations

WalkerTribe7

Bronze Supporter
Aug 2, 2018
Mission Viejo, ca
We are about to start an owner build in Southern California and have hit a few snags with permitting. Thankfully, we seemed to have worked through everything, however, they are requiring that we have sonar alarms in both the pool and spa that are mounted in the pool. Does anyone have one to recommend? Reviews don’t seem great.

We currently have alarms on our doors and we will a child gate around the pool, and even those two seem enough for the new laws- they aren’t budging on the sonar alarm. Funny enough, I also have to have a solar cover for the pool. I’m a little confused how these two will work together.... ?

recommendations are highly appreciated. Thank!

Very simple.... tree huggers want you to save the water at any costs (dont care about the children)... and health department wants you to save the children at any costs... withoit talking to the tree huggers. What they dont consider is how many false alarms the sonar system will have, causing you to eventually bypass it. I guess you can never be too safe, but it seems like teaching kids to swim would be the best option.

Keep the receipt and be prepared to send it back if you arent happy.

Sorry im not much help... I have a bypassed door alarm , but added the proper child proof safety fencing around the pool. I also added door contacts to the gate access at the pool which triggers an Alexa notification and lets me see through an outdoor camera.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.