Pool 2d pvc design program/online tool?

theskyisthelimit99

Jun 28, 2016
Pittsburgh, pa
Does anyone know what tool you can use to generate 2d plumbing layouts like this?

Sure there is visio (but i dont think it generates layouts like this, i may double check) and google sketchup (harder learning curve).. just wanted something quick and dirty short of "Paint" :)

Thanks in advance for suggestions

bdavis466

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
In The Industry
Aug 4, 2014
San Clemente, CA
Does anyone know what tool you can use to generate 2d plumbing layouts like this?

Sure there is visio (but i dont think it generates layouts like this, i may double check) and google sketchup (harder learning curve).. just wanted something quick and dirty short of "Paint" :)

Thanks in advance for suggestions
What are you looking to do?

OP
OP
T

theskyisthelimit99

Jun 28, 2016
Pittsburgh, pa
Are you seeking freeware or shareware....or perhaps buying software that can do that?

Maddie :flower:
What are you looking to do?
Freeware is better but paid might working depending.. just something that can quickly and easily generate diagrams like the one i posted.. ie: you click a toolbar.. choose say "pipe" and drag it, then choose check valve etc, snap in place.. quick and easy, but better than "Paint"

bdavis466

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
In The Industry
Aug 4, 2014
San Clemente, CA
You'd probably have to ask a mechanical engineer or designer about a program with that type of capability.

I use Chief Architect and could easily draw a valve, check valve, etc and save them as symbols to be placed on a plan. I think that would get you what you want but I may still be unclear on what you are trying to do.

OP
OP
T

theskyisthelimit99

Jun 28, 2016
Pittsburgh, pa
You'd probably have to ask a mechanical engineer or designer about a program with that type of capability.

I use Chief Architect and could easily draw a valve, check valve, etc and save them as symbols to be placed on a plan. I think that would get you what you want but I may still be unclear on what you are trying to do.
I was mainly curious how an image like i linked was created (ie: what software).. i see this style alot, but no one ever says, "created using xyz" :)