Pool #2. South Texas. Waterfront property.

EXSQUEAZE ME???? :mad:
You may be just an administrative puke now......but you are and will always be a resourceful, brilliant, practical, educated, caring, respected NURSE!! (y)????✌?
Never shall you say "I'm just a nurse..."

Maddie :flower: RN, CCRN
?. I enjoy saying that though. It’s one of my famous quotes.

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
A little more framing, a little plumbing (drains), skimmers set, tiny bit of rebar started. Took pics of part numbers for good measure.

Attachments

• 4793A93A-A0F6-435E-A9F8-2B618DF2F46F.jpeg
    4793A93A-A0F6-435E-A9F8-2B618DF2F46F.jpeg
    145.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 35C959B0-1E85-4051-8F4D-E6E944FDEA01.jpeg
    35C959B0-1E85-4051-8F4D-E6E944FDEA01.jpeg
    488 KB · Views: 70
  • 9C5AAAAE-5C84-4300-985F-A92EEED2AD2F.jpeg
    9C5AAAAE-5C84-4300-985F-A92EEED2AD2F.jpeg
    660 KB · Views: 74
  • F36A8EDD-530F-451E-AA3F-A4AA93130D08.jpeg
    F36A8EDD-530F-451E-AA3F-A4AA93130D08.jpeg
    481.2 KB · Views: 73
Going to visit one more local build regarding an item many here hate. But that this builder has apparently had good success with. Martin likely knows what I’m referring to.

oh and I want to see a lounger built into a spa. That sounds epic. The owner of that pool has been out of town, so hoping to meet up soon.

Based on the progress of the build your going to have to decide on that “item” pretty quick. All I’ll say about the “item” is that it has been trouble free for the most part except for a couple of gear train replacement‘s covered under warranty. And those were because of debris chewing up the gears. Also a side note to not forget steps in the catch basin

My guess is the "item" is in floor cleaning system. No worries. If that is what you want we will support you. We just want anyone to THINK about what they are getting with all of the pros and cons. Our main goal is education instead of blindly doing what the PB says or offers. :hug:

Kim:kim:

Reactions: mrcarcrazy
Based on the progress of the build your going to have to decide on that “item” pretty quick. All I’ll say about the “item” is that it has been trouble free for the most part except for a couple of gear train replacement‘s covered under warranty. And those were because of debris chewing up the gears. Also a side note to not forget steps in the catch basin
Steps in the catch basin?

What is this item?
My guess is the "item" is in floor cleaning system. No worries. If that is what you want we will support you. We just want anyone to THINK about what they are getting with all of the pros and cons. Our main goal is education instead of blindly doing what the PB says or offers. :hug:

Yeah I’m referring to IFC. I’ve spoken with two pool owners from this builder. Both have been very pleased with the cleaning of their pool. I’m meeting a third today. It’s hard to find any info out there about IFC with the exception of a couple threads on this forum. It’s a gamble, so I’m trying to collect firsthand experience from people who have had this PB using this brand of IFC (blue square). I expect I will get it.

Well, keep in mind that the system depends on a smart pool builder placing the cleaning heads in the right places so that the entire pool is covered (no blind spots!) among other things.

If Senor Kennedy has been pleased in his monster pool, I'd take that as a good reference. Ask the PB how they plan out where to put the heads and how many?... let him know this is something you are concerned about.

Maddie :flower:

Let me add a couple of comments:
I've had 2 pools prior to this and used Robot cleaners. They do a good job but the aesthetics of them was not to my liking. What the pool builder should do is send the design of your pool along with all appropriate dimensions to the manufacturer (in this case Blue Square) of the in floor system, and then they design the system and send blueprints to the pool builder and show them where to put the heads to optimize their system.
In my case I have a lot of vegetation but none close to the pool and don't have to be concerned with leaves or other debris blowing into the pool. If I did I probably would not have gone with the system. Also keep in mind a infinity pool acts like one big skimmer. All the debris for the most part ends up in the catch basin. You will (or if you have someone take care of your pool) have to vacuum the catch basin. Normally you don't have any heads in the catch basin. I have a suction side port in the catch basin for that reason. It gets vacuumed once a week.
The pool builder put 4 skimmers in my pool but I could have gotten by with 2. Most of the time the wind is blowing south, and for me that pushes everything over the weir wall into the catch basin

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ben,
I just saw you were wondering what I meant with steps in the "catch basin". Depending on your design, the depth of your catch basin (containment and recirculation of water that goes over the weir wall) you may want to go ito it and should have a way out. Also it can be used as a kiddie pool and you want a safe way out of it. In my case, the depth is about 5 feet

Ben,
I just saw you were wondering what I meant with steps in the "catch basin". Depending on your design, the depth of your catch basin (containment and recirculation of water that goes over the weir wall) you may want to go ito it and should have a way out. Also it can be used as a kiddie pool and you want a safe way out of it. In my case, the depth is about 5 feet
Oh ok. That makes sense. Thank you. Once things get a little further along I’ll jump on that topic.

went to La Feria today and picked up two tile samples. Also got pic of the spa jets.

Attachments

• DF3DC560-6E1A-4FAC-AFC9-A7A85E03227E.jpeg
    DF3DC560-6E1A-4FAC-AFC9-A7A85E03227E.jpeg
    286.9 KB · Views: 62
  • 56DADF5B-7B06-411A-8082-ABB9A81E7C3A.jpeg
    56DADF5B-7B06-411A-8082-ABB9A81E7C3A.jpeg
    585.7 KB · Views: 63
  • CD9ECF2C-7E07-4692-8514-BFAB8975AA69.jpeg
    CD9ECF2C-7E07-4692-8514-BFAB8975AA69.jpeg
    556.7 KB · Views: 61
Didn’t take too long. Decided on the glitter tile. Not sure which shape we will do. They have 1x1, 1x2, and this one. Pics may be too small file wise to look decent on here.

Attachments

• 7EEDA354-681D-4E92-A7DD-91D3C315823D.jpeg
    7EEDA354-681D-4E92-A7DD-91D3C315823D.jpeg
    887.4 KB · Views: 79
  • A639E764-E0CE-439D-BBDD-8DB899F35ED9.jpeg
    A639E764-E0CE-439D-BBDD-8DB899F35ED9.jpeg
    749.8 KB · Views: 79
Y'all LOOK he loves me!! He got BLING!! And that is SOME BLING!! WOWZER! As for size I like the one you show and 1x2 over the 1x1.

Now get some paint chip cards to help pick out the mortar color you like the best. Get white, off white, soft gray, and dark gray. Each one will really change how the tile ends up looking THEN get the grout sticks to find the grout color you want to use. White will make each tile pop while gray will make them blend in together more. There is no wrong answer. Just pick what you like and it will all be good!

Y'all LOOK he loves me!! He got BLING!! And that is SOME BLING!! WOWZER! As for size I like the one you show and 1x2 over the 1x1.

Now get some paint chip cards to help pick out the mortar color you like the best. Get white, off white, soft gray, and dark gray. Each one will really change how the tile ends up looking THEN get the grout sticks to find the grout color you want to use. White will make each tile pop while gray will make them blend in together more. There is no wrong answer. Just pick what you like and it will all be good!

Mortar color- I need to have some tile not attached to a card to get an idea of the impact, correct? Gut tells me lighter the better.

Correct on the tiles not being on the card.

You say lighter but there was one that took all of us by surprise because we all LOVED it with a darker mortar as it really enhanced the color.

Oh dang. I gotta check this out now. Thank you!

IFCS going in.

I’m looking into fridges/kegerators now. Made a thread about that. Cause thats important.

Attachments

• 2C5EEF84-8281-421E-842A-F0C10A3A1756.jpeg
    2C5EEF84-8281-421E-842A-F0C10A3A1756.jpeg
    486.2 KB · Views: 70
Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.