Pool #2. South Texas. Waterfront property.

Dropping the spa to ground level cause 9” just looks like a drunken trip hazard.

breaking ground today.

Attachments

• 665717DC-67FD-4640-BB90-057758731554.jpeg
    665717DC-67FD-4640-BB90-057758731554.jpeg
    462.4 KB · Views: 111
  • 878957E3-23BF-4B43-A81B-CD176CEE531A.jpeg
    878957E3-23BF-4B43-A81B-CD176CEE531A.jpeg
    361.2 KB · Views: 105
Well that is one way to put it LOL but it is also very true. Have you thought about putting in a hand rail to help people get out of it? There are some fancy, pretty ones so it can be more like a work of art.

Let the MUD/DIRT begin!!!

Kim:kim:

I have not. That might be something worth looking at when I get older. I honestly don’t have people to the house often.

PB sent some ideas for assisting ingress and egress. I’m conflicted. Time will tell.

@martinkennedy which pebble size did you go with? Yours was nice!

Today’s update:

Attachments

• 5E95E09C-FFF6-4F11-9C88-7775D57F8C11.jpeg
    5E95E09C-FFF6-4F11-9C88-7775D57F8C11.jpeg
    735.5 KB · Views: 140
  • 500F82D1-4148-4604-BBCC-F1A59D2F300A.jpeg
    500F82D1-4148-4604-BBCC-F1A59D2F300A.jpeg
    662.8 KB · Views: 141
Guess what is exactly 9inches tall!

a bottle from the almighty brewery located in Shiner, Tx.
I wouldn't recommend sitting on that?

9" is no good. Either make it level with the pool or raise it 16-18" which is a standard seat height.

If the pool was mine I'd make the infinity trough the spa. You gotta step out of the box when you're dropping the Kennedy name...

That view deserves a breathtaking pool?

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

9" is no good. Either make it level with the pool or raise it 16-18" which is a standard seat height.

If the pool was mine I'd make the infinity trough the spa. You gotta step out of the box when you're dropping the Kennedy name...

Actually the catch basin makes a good waterfall (about 6’) and stand up bar......just saying

Thats a mistake you only make once...you wouldn’t believe the things I’ve seen removed from....oh well I think you can imagine.

anywho. That would be pretty slick. I’m making one, possibly two more changes. But nothing that big.

Thats a mistake you only make once...you wouldn’t believe the things I’ve seen removed from....oh well I think you can imagine.

anywho. That would be pretty slick. I’m making one, possibly two more changes. But nothing that big.
You must be an ER doctor? I'm on the fire side and yes I can't believe the items that get placed into "storage"...

If you don't move the spa then consider raising it. Spas flush with the pool have always looked odd to me.

I love infinity pools built nothing tickles me more than seeing the basin used as something other than a basin

Reactions: mrcarcrazy
Hi Ben,
Diane and I drove by your pool build site yesterday, it looks like they are progressing well. What are you going to do for fencing along the street side and front? You certainly will have a killer view of the Island and gulf. You already have that from the house.

Hi Ben,
Diane and I drove by your pool build site yesterday, it looks like they are progressing well. What are you going to do for fencing along the street side and front? You certainly will have a killer view of the Island and gulf. You already have that from the house.
That’s been a point of discussion actually.

in a perfect world I’d like to do CMU block (preferably split faced block so it would match the house). But I suspect that’s going to be cost prohibitive. So they are going to spray a footer for fencing when they do the pool. Then they are talking about the 3 foot Jerrith alum fencing on top of that. Remember that this area will be raised to the height of the lot our house is. So it will be 3 foot concrete and 3 foot alum. With a lot of plants. I have mixed emotions about that plan. Going to price CMU for sure. We have to be careful what we choose as the winds we get are insane.

First shot is standing right behind where the kitchen will be.

second is from my current yard.

third is from inside the kitchen area

fourth is from where the bar will be (in pool).

grass between house and pool is going to become travertine.

Attachments

• 30B4D21B-3C74-4316-8312-4D2CC09191F1.jpeg
    30B4D21B-3C74-4316-8312-4D2CC09191F1.jpeg
    621.5 KB · Views: 102
  • 528F8FCF-2232-44C0-8F11-3AE0D6F3D170.jpeg
    528F8FCF-2232-44C0-8F11-3AE0D6F3D170.jpeg
    579 KB · Views: 103
  • D52D53CD-76CC-4B01-B4D2-35E4B1BE12C7.jpeg
    D52D53CD-76CC-4B01-B4D2-35E4B1BE12C7.jpeg
    554.8 KB · Views: 103
  • F62964A3-02EE-4E2A-BCB8-95E1E1B8B9A0.jpeg
    F62964A3-02EE-4E2A-BCB8-95E1E1B8B9A0.jpeg
    437.9 KB · Views: 104
Ben,
Don't forget to have them waterproof both sides of the weir wall. They may try to tell you its not necessary but it is.

Use the link above and it will explain it. There was some questioning when I asked STP to do it but they agreed in the end. Also make sure that they provide an overfill (because of rain) drain line for the catch basin and I would suggest a autofill feature in the catch basin also. Your overfill drain line could go directly to the Bay.

Ben,
Don't forget to have them waterproof both sides of the weir wall. They may try to tell you its not necessary but it is.

Use the link above and it will explain it. There was some questioning when I asked STP to do it but they agreed in the end. Also make sure that they provide an overfill (because of rain) drain line for the catch basin and I would suggest a autofill feature in the catch basin also. Your overfill drain line could go directly to the Bay.
Okay thank you! I’m all for advice. This pool has quite a few “new to me” features

You must be an ER doctor? I'm on the fire side and yes I can't believe the items that get placed into "storage"...

If you don't move the spa then consider raising it. Spas flush with the pool have always looked odd to me.

I love infinity pools built nothing tickles me more than seeing the basin used as something other than a basin
Im just a lowly nurse. Spent time in the ER, now I am more administrative.

our last pool had the raised spa. The honest to God reason I’m thinking flush is it’s on the house side of the pool, and I don’t want it to block the view from the only window that faces that direction in our living room. Well that and I don’t want As much tile to clean. The previous pool had a truckload of blue tile (I blame the wife) and it was a pain in the arse. Honestly the previous builder was a slacker which made quite a few issues for us. Have hopes this one is much higher quality.

Im just a lowly nurse. Spent time in the ER, now I am more administrative.

EXSQUEAZE ME???? :mad:
You may be just an administrative puke now......but you are and will always be a resourceful, brilliant, practical, educated, caring, respected NURSE!! (y)????✌?
Never shall you say "I'm just a nurse..."

Maddie :flower: RN, CCRN

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.