Charleston, SC
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-3)
I have no idea what the "proprietary ingredients" are that make up about 1%. of the mixture So it is a 20:1 ratio of water to bleach and then depending on what you are cleaning, you cut it by another 50% water so it is a little less than 1 T bleach to a quart of water.

Katodude

Silver Supporter
Aug 22, 2017
West Palm Beach/Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
So its basically a bottle of diluted bleach. Well I feel silly now.

Oh, well the chairs are still nice, and more are on the way.

Reactions: wgipe

wgipe

Gold Supporter
Jul 4, 2020
Fletcher, OH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
So its basically a bottle of diluted bleach. Well I feel silly now.

Oh, well the chairs are still nice, and more are on the way.
That’s really funny. I’ll have to try diluted bleach and see if it works as well next time. I’ve been buying this stuff all season - it works like a champ so I’m hoping we can recreate it.

Danimal92Sport

Jul 5, 2017
Southern Indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I live in the Midwest - should I be putting my polywood furniture inside for the winter? I didn’t last year, and my garage is tiny… I have two huge loungers, so I’d prefer to leave them outside…. Thoughts?

Dan

B.lu

Gold Supporter
Oct 16, 2020
New England
This is my first year with it. I'm in RI which can be pretty snowy. I'm planning on keeping it outside and covering it with breathable covers (based on recs from this site). It's just so heavy. I don't want to lug it far to store it. Hope I don't regret it. So far, I only have 3 loungers though. Planning to get a 4th and a table set this spring.

Reactions: Danimal92Sport

Turbo1Ton

Gold Supporter
Dec 26, 2019
NE Oklahoma
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
In NE Oklahoma here. I'm planning on leaving mine out and uncovered all winter. First season with it. It has a 20 year warranty and the warranty doesn't say anything about bringing inside for harsh weather.

--Jeff

bmoreswim

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 16, 2012
Central MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
No need to bring it inside for storage. It holds up just fine outside in the winter. Our oldest PW is about 8 years old and looks great.

joonbug99

Jul 23, 2017
Rochester NY
This is my first year with it. I'm in RI which can be pretty snowy. I'm planning on keeping it outside and covering it with breathable covers (based on recs from this site). It's just so heavy. I don't want to lug it far to store it. Hope I don't regret it. So far, I only have 3 loungers though. Planning to get a 4th and a table set this spring.
Not sold on the idea of covering it. I live in western NY and have had PW furniture for years. Leave it out year round. Covering it may invite little critters to take up shelter. Claw marks, teeth marks and potty stains may result. I don't see a reason to cover it...anyone?

bmoreswim

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 16, 2012
Central MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I don't. Don't like the look and haven't seen any negatives. It does get some green but I feel that's in season growth due to shade.

Danimal92Sport

Jul 5, 2017
Southern Indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Not sold on the idea of covering it. I live in western NY and have had PW furniture for years. Leave it out year round. Covering it may invite little critters to take up shelter. Claw marks, teeth marks and potty stains may result. I don't see a reason to cover it...anyone?
Makes sense. If they do well uncovered, that’s better than covered which would add risk of stuff growing under the cover, or critters as you mention. The chipmunks in my neighborhood run the place - we’re just living in their world.

Dan

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support