Polyquat goof before closing

ba67

Oct 17, 2018
Southern Kentucky
When I added the polyquat to my pool this morning, it came out of the bottle much faster than I expected and I ended up dumping the majority of the 32-ounce bottle into one small area in the deep end. I only got about 3-4 ounces of the bottle into the shallow end. I ended up adding 10 more ounces of polyquat to my pool than I needed so I could get some of it into the shallow end. I’ve been brushing in the deep end but I don’t know if it is doing any good. Closing is this afternoon so I will only be able to run the pump 3 more hours. Since I’ve got more polyquat in the garage that was left over from last year, should I add some more to the shallow end since I was only able to get 3-4 ounces in there? I know that large doses of polyquat lowers chlorine levels so I wasn’t sure if I should add more or not.

You will be fine the way it is. Just circulate and stir up the water with your pool brush the best you can.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.