Polyquat for winter?

poolcrazed

Jul 23, 2020
Durhamville, NY
Does everyone use algaecide before you close? One of the most appealing things about TFP protocol is not needing to use algaecide. I am not big on chemicals so would love to skip this! If it's balanced and opened before it gets warm outside (I am in the Northeast and my pool gets very little direct sun), can I skip this? I actually have rarely used it over the years and my pool is always crystal clear when I take the cover off.

If you’ve successfully gone without algaecide before, then I would skip it.

I use polyquat at closing since in our climate the pool temp doesn’t reliably stay low enough. I suspect where you are pool temp would stay plenty cold during the winter.

I live in IA and closed my pool for the first time last year. I cleaned the pool brought my FC up a bit and closed it. It was crystal clear this spring.

Reactions: markayash
If you’ve successfully gone without algaecide before, then I would skip it.

I use polyquat at closing since in our climate the pool temp doesn’t reliably stay low enough. I suspect where you are pool temp would stay plenty cold during the winter.
I live in IA and closed my pool for the first time last year. I cleaned the pool brought my FC up a bit and closed it. It was crystal clear this spring.
Oh yeah. super cold. thanks.

Reactions: ckwinters
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.