Polaris UWF fittings fit Pentair/Letro!

BobinBaltimore

LifeTime Supporter
Dec 13, 2009
Northeast of Baltimore, MD
I'm a new pool owner, so I'm still in the process of figuring things out. TFP is super-helpful.

I have a dedicated in-wall line for my pressure cleaner, with a Pentair/Letro Universal Wall Fitting (UWF) threaded in for easy attachment of the Legend Cleaner. The way my system is piped, I don't have a valve to shut off this inlet after the booster pump. Short of removing the UWF and installing a plug every time, I was left with an open inlet and no means to close it or direct it.

With a little research, I found that Polaris makes a UWF eyeball fitting (P/N 6-511-00) that basically converts the line to a normal return inlet without having to remove the threaded UWF. I took a chance based upon a few comments I have heard (though I could find no firm confirmation) that the Polaris and Pentair UWFs follow the same standard. Lo and behold, they do! The Polaris eyeball UWF fitting slips perfectly into the Pentair/Letro UWF sleeve. So now I have a directable 8th return inlet for my pool. To be sure, the eyeball fitting sticks out a bit more than my regular inlet fittings, but nothing that creates a problem.

Basically, I just wanted to note the above for posterity, since it I couldn't find much information on this. Hope this helps someone else!

Picture of Polaris UWF Eyeball

DBfan187

In The Industry
Aug 7, 2007
near the swamp
both company's parts are interchangeable on these cleaners(well 99% of the parts)

I use Polaris parts to fix Letro's. Easier and cheaper to stock 1 company's parts.

Thread starter Other Threads of Interest Forum Replies Date
ksifenj Everything Else 0
D About Trouble Free Pool 1
M Pool Cleaners 0

Other Threads of Interest