Polaris sweep stopped working after replacing the pump

imranmoin

Apr 27, 2021
San Jose / California
I installed a new variable speed pump (IntellifloXF VSF) and it seems to be working fine. Unfortunately, my sweep (Polaris 280) is not working anymore. Sweep is powered by a booster pump connected to the the main Intelliflo pump. Any ideas on what could be wrong here? Thanks!

How is the booster pump controlled? Do you have enough water flow from the VS pump to the booster pump?

Get a robot, ditch the pressure side cleaner. Pool will be cleaner and much lower electric usage.

I have a Dolphin Active 20. Basic in ground pool model. Has worked great for 4 years and still going strong.
Robots in short supply right now.
Many of us on the forum have used Marina Pool Spa in Denver Co to get our robots.

I second mknauss' advice. I used to have a Polaris 280 as well and it worked fine, but the 2 hours a day that the booster pump would run would cost me more in electricity than running my VSP at 1100 rpms for 24 hours, so I sold both the 280 and the booster pump on craigslist and ordered a Dolphin S200 also from Marina Pool and Spa.

The Dolphin works great and with my VSP running at low rpms, nobody can hear a thing in my backyard. My booster pump (which was really old, BTW), was very loud, so I was more than happy to make the switch.

I installed a new variable speed pump (IntellifloXF VSF) and it seems to be working fine. Unfortunately, my sweep (Polaris 280) is not working anymore. Sweep is powered by a booster pump connected to the the main Intelliflo pump. Any ideas on what could be wrong here? Thanks!
I’d also recommend the robot, as that’s what I did as well (sold the 380 and booster pump). One thing you might try to fix is to open up the 280 and blow air back through the little jets that turn the motor. If a small piece of dirt gets lodged in there, it stops the water flow. There’s also an inline filter in the hose you can check.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.