Polaris Robotic 9550 Sport - Diagnostic Kit - idea of where to buy one?

Fpppool

Gold Supporter
Jan 3, 2019
Tx
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi All,

I have a Polaris F9550 Sport that is throwing an Error 01. Started with a 10, then a 02. Those two were fixed by changing the floating cable plug. Now I am getting the error 01. The robot starts for a couple of seconds and then stops. Both, in and out of water does the same thing. I would like to run a diagnostic since I am really not looking forward taking it to the store. Bought refurbished in Amazon in January 2019 for $612 so, I am not planning on spending $400 on repairs. Rather try to fix it myself and learn something new in the process :)

Anyway, question is, does anyone know where I can buy the diagnostic kit? I think this is the one I need https://www.poolsupplyunlimited.com/Products/Manuals/148341_201652394726.pdf

Thanks

Fpppool

Gold Supporter
Jan 3, 2019
Tx
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Update for future reference.

Inyopools don't carry that part. Called to Polaris and they said they sell the diagnostic kit only to stores with a service contract with them.

Error 1 is related to the motor block. If it needs to be replaced it can cost between $400 and $600. Add $300 more if the floating cable needs to be replaced too. Furthermore, the parts come with 3 months warranty. Yes, 3 freaking months, unbelievable.

So, my dear Polaris, it is best if we start seeing other people... mean, robots... Anyone has a robot friend to recommend?

Fpppool

Gold Supporter
Jan 3, 2019
Tx
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
update: It turned out that I bought the robot with a protection plan, I did not remember that.. So, ended up having the motor block and floating cable replaced. $840, but I had to put $250 out of pocket, so hopefully this will last a couple of more years now.

BTW, if anyone knows where I can buy the polaris diagnostic unit, I am very interested. The ones on eBay dont seem to be compatible with my model.
Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread