Polaris pol timer

May 20, 2008
Waldorf, MD
I have 1 timer on my pool. The Timer turns on and off the pool pump. It is wired so it only allows the booster pump to run if the power is on to the pool pump. So I can leave the Polaris booster pump power in the on position and when the regular pump turns on power is supplied to the Booster pump and it runs.

The down side to this is the booster pump will run the entire time the regular pump is on.

All I really need is for the Polaris to run 2 hours a day.

so the booster pump on off switch only receives power when the pool pump is on.

I cant add a traditional timer, because it wont be powered for the timer to move.

is there a timer or switch that will cut off after an hour every time it is powered on?

I believe with a pressure side cleaner you need a timer with two clocks. One is the primary, that if it is on for the filter pump then the second timer will run when its schedule is set.

Trying to work around that, $200 for the timer, and then the wiring of it seems complicated. That is the best answer though.

If I could find a mechanical timer that would fit in a light switch box, I would just set the timer to be off for 2 hours, on for 1, all the way around the dial. (buying extra pegs) that way the time would not matter. When the power came on because of the first timer, the 2nd timer would be caught in a cycle of 2 off 1 on. That would reduce my run time to 33% of what it is now. Because the power will go out, a digital timer wont work.

I feel like this would work, if I decide to go bigger then a light switch box. Woods 59101RWD Outdoor 24-Hour Heavy Duty Mechanical Time Switch, 120V/40 SPST - Wall Timer Switches - Amazon.com

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.