Polaris hose too stiff affecting function?

jb

Jul 2, 2011
North Texas
My polaris hose seems again too stiff and affecting function. I just replaced it barely over a year ago , the new one was super flexible compared with the outgoing but already the new one has become super stiff. Even before this cold weather event. Polaris seems fine otherwise. I took it in to pool store for evaluation. If it checks out, then I may have to try another (sigh) new hose and they are not inexpensive!

What temperature is your water?

See if your hose becomes more flexible once the pool water warms up. Lay the hose out on the deck in the sun on a warm day.

Thanks for the quick response. THe water is freezing! Its like 38 degrees. It was doing this before the cold storm also noted. I have no doubt it will get flexible once it warms up but thats a few months away. In the meantime it is a busy time for the Polaris (usually) leaves etc. Seems like the first one I had took 15 years to become stiff, the second one less than two years! It they were just $20 I 'd throw on another one but they are expensive!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.