Polaris 9550 Error 1 & 4

STempleman

Aug 16, 2021
Missouri
I’ve got a Polaris 9550 that I purchased new three years ago. It has stopped working at times, it will power up and act like it is working, but will either run for a few minutes or not at all. Two error codes come up, either ERROR 1 or ERROR 4. I’ve followed the troubleshooting advice in the manual, I’ve cleaned any debris out of it. I even took the motor apart to make sure it was rotating freely. Error 4 suggests the motor is being overworked, does anyone have any suggestions they have that would help with this issue? I called tech support and the wait time was over two and half hours… Thanks in advance for any advice!

Scott

Fpppool

Gold Supporter
Jan 3, 2019
Tx
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I’ve got a Polaris 9550 that I purchased new three years ago. It has stopped working at times, it will power up and act like it is working, but will either run for a few minutes or not at all. Two error codes come up, either ERROR 1 or ERROR 4. I’ve followed the troubleshooting advice in the manual, I’ve cleaned any debris out of it. I even took the motor apart to make sure it was rotating freely. Error 4 suggests the motor is being overworked, does anyone have any suggestions they have that would help with this issue? I called tech support and the wait time was over two and half hours… Thanks in advance for any advice!

Scott
Hi I am having similar problem. Started with error 10, fixed it. Then error 2, fixed it. Now it is showing error 2 and I am not sure what to do. Was planning on disassembling the robot and check the cord connection, but I doubt will be something like connector corrosion. Anyway, please let me know if you find a solution. I will try a couple of things next week.
BTW I bought mine refurbished from Amazon in 2019.

PoolGate

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 7, 2017
Damascus, MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Take the plug end that plugs into the control until apart. I suspect one of the wires is loose it's a poor design you'll see. You can lightly hold the round end with pliers and unscrew the bottom half with your hand. I've been meaning to make a video on how to fix this.

Fpppool

Gold Supporter
Jan 3, 2019
Tx
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Take the plug end that plugs into the control until apart. I suspect one of the wires is loose it's a poor design you'll see. You can lightly hold the round end with pliers and unscrew the bottom half with your hand. I've been meaning to make a video on how to fix this.
Yep. I did that and actually changed the plug for a new one making sure I followed the same pattern for cable color -> pin number. I am getting the error 1 with both the old and new connector. Tested continuity as well all good at that connector at least. The voltage when the robot is on is showing ~28v DC between the red and black for a couple of seconds and then ~0 when the error appears. The voltage showing between brown and black is ~11v DC. Would love to see a service manual to make some sense out of this.

Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread