Polaris 9300xi from 2012 has died. Repair or replace?

VinceL

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 28, 2012
Newton, NC
I have been using a Polaris 9300xi robotic cleaner since 2012. Today it died. I have done all the troubleshooting steps I could find on line. I figure it is either the electronics or the motor. I'm not prepared to go through the work and most likely, trial-and-error, to figure out what is wrong. And, the replacement parts costs are quite high. I can't find any local places that would do repairs; I can't see spending the money to ship it. So, I am strongly leaning toward replacing it.

I see that there are still 9300xi's for sale. But, the prices I found were all in excess of $1,400. o_O

I have been looking at the Polaris/Zodiac F9450 and F9550. Very similar form factor.

I have extra wheels and baskets from my 9300xi. Judging from the pictures, it looks like the baskets would definitely work, and maybe the wheels.

Does anybody have any experience with the 9300 series and the newer 9450/9550?

I got the VRX IQ+ which is the latest model from Polaris (Same as Alpha IQ+, but different model for a particular store). Looks like baskets/wheels are all the same. I was considering the 9550 sport, but the prices were very similar for the newest model after rebates. The newer model adds app control and has a navigation system that moves the robot around the pool in a more organized manner. Cleaning will very likely be the same as your existing unit. Also, when I bought by robot at Leslie's the guy there told me they will fix the robot for the cost of parts only (free labor) and no diagnostic fee after the warranty is up. Im sure they charge full list price for the parts, but maybe something to look into if they will tell you what needs to be fixed and a price then you can decide to move forward or not.

I broke down and ordered an F9550. I confirmed with the manufacturer that the baskets are interchangeable. The only spare wheels I have for my 9300xi are the rear nondrive wheels. The F9550 is 4-wheel drive. So, my spare wheels probably won't work.
I don't know what is the best disposition for the 9300xi?:scratch: Maybe I'll put it on Craigslist. Any suggestions?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.