Jun 21, 2012
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Polaris 3900 (dedicated pump)starts up and rolls until it hits wall. Stops then just sits- no wheels turning. Replaced backup valve to no avail. as well as the pressure relief valve by the wall. Do I need to take it apart to diagnose? Hubby just wants to replace, I don’t want to give up.

Check for clogged water jets that power it. You may need to take it apart to get to the jet that powers the turbine wheel connected to the drive wheel.

The backup valve should pull it away every few minutes. If it doesn’t then you have a problem eith the water feed or the backup valve.

How old is your 3900?

Check for clogged water jets that power it. You may need to take it apart to get to the jet that powers the turbine wheel connected to the drive wheel.

The backup valve should pull it away every few minutes. If it doesn’t then you have a problem eith the water feed or the backup valve.

How old is your 3900?

I’m thinking the Polaris is getting close to being 10 years old from my memory. Is there a way if out of the water I can visibly see the water feed problem? I just changed the backup valve.

At 10 years old it can do with a rebuild that should have it running like new. When you take it apart for the rebuild you can check that the jets and hoses internally are not clogged.

At 10 years old it can do with a rebuild that should have it running like new. When you take it apart for the rebuild you can check that the jets and hoses internally are not clogged.

Did the rebuild kit.. it’s like a new cleaner now. Yay! Water management system was fine. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.