Polaris 380 won't run when the main pump is on

Nov 23, 2018
Forty Worth/tx
Hi, I m so frustrated with this cleaner, I've been fighting with it for two years. Every time I've taken it in to be checked they say everything's great and it's working fine. Then I take it home and it doesn't work. I have finally figured out that when the mail pool pump is set on speed 4, it will work. If the main pump is OFF, it runs great, but I know you're not supposed to run it without the main pump. I've had pool guys come out here and they couldn't figure out what was wrong with it either. I just recently figured out that it will run if the pump is on speed 4. Everyone that has looked at it says the pressure on it is good. Is the simple solution running the main pump at speed 4 all the time or is there something else going on? Any help/advice you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

The Polaris 380 should have a dedicated booster pump. Do you have one?

What main pump do you have?

What RPM is Speed 4?

What other speed do you run your main pump?

What would be the problem having your main pump run at speed 4 when you want the Polaris running?

Post pics of your equipment pad.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.