Polaris 360 Problems

bransleb

Apr 10, 2021
Austin Tx
Moved from here.
I am having same issue with my 360. Mine is older and I have rebuilt is twice before. It was dong the same thing, wheel would turn one revolution and stop, I could move it past the bind and it will turn once more and stop. Opened it up and there was a physical bind in the drive gears. So I ordered all new bearings, driveshaft, gears, and a new drive wheel. Replaced all, out of the water, the new gears did exactly same thing. I manually gently turned gears, they will turn exactly one revolution and then bind and it is pretty solid bind. Thinking it was the new set of gears with an issue, ordered and replaced gear set again - same result(one revolution and stop).
All parts are Polaris name brand. Anyone run into this before?

Last edited by a moderator:
There are 2 wheels that have gears in them that match to the turbine axle gears. Are you checking that both are meshing OK? When you put the turbine axle in with no wheels does that turn freely? then if you put on 1 wheel does that turn freely?
Also, suggest you remove that little tension wheel for initial testing so that is removed from the equation.

Thanks for the ideas. With all new gears, bearings and axles, starting with just the main drive axle in, it turns very freely as it should. Adding the turbine gear by itself, it also turns very freely. Adding the next gear to the main axle with the turbine, that also turns freely. Next added the idler gear axle, it turns freely by itself. Adding the idler gear causes the issue, it will turn the final drive gear, that turns the wheels one revolution and binds, nudging it past the bind, one revolution and it binds again. That's why I ordered another set of gears that gave me the exact same results. Looking at the individual gears, can't see anything wrong with the teeth on the gears

All parts are Polaris branded for the 360, not 3rd party stuff so I wouldn't have this kind of issue. So I am reaching out to Polaris to see if they are aware of manufacturing issues with the gear sets. Haven't got a response as of today. So hoping they have some idea about all this. Will update as soon as I hear anything.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.