Polaris 360 filter clogs

lcpt

Jun 2, 2022
nj
Hi guys, I have a Polaris 360 vacuum. It works great except the tiny filter clogs constantly. (My pool is under many trees in the woods) I added an inline filter in the plumbing but this doesn’t help. Does anyone know of larger filters or solutions that can help? Thanks

The Polaris 360 is a pressure side cleaner powered by water pressure from a return. To get debris in the hose filter the debris needs to be getting through your skimmer basket, pump abasket, filter and heater.

What model pump and filter do you have?

I would be checking your filter closely.

I'm not quite sure of the situation. A Polaris 360 vacuum is a pressure side vacuum. The water to the vacuum is supplied through the feeder hose from your pool equipment. There is a small filter in the feed hose. The water being fed to the vacuum should already be filtered by whatever type of filter already on your system. I don't know what that is since you don't have a signature listing your pool equipment.

Hi guys, I have a Polaris 360 vacuum. It works great except the tiny filter clogs constantly. (My pool is under many trees in the woods) I added an inline filter in the plumbing but this doesn’t help. Does anyone know of larger filters or solutions that can help? Thanks
A picture of your equipment pad would help. Some 360 Polaris were plumbed to a Jandy Energy filter that was already in place. The 360 was originally intended to replace the Jandy Ray Vac. The Energy Filter doesn't stop fine enough material to prevent some clogging of a 360. Plumbing a 360 after the main filter presents its own set of problems.

To get debris in the hose filter the debris needs to be getting through your skimmer basket, pump basket, filter and heater.
So is there any value to having a hose filter for a Polaris 280 cleaner? Mine just broke and I wonder if it's worth replacing (it never needed cleaning for over a decade).

The hose filter prevents the small water hoses and jets in the Polaris from getting clogged. You can run without it and if the cleaner gets sluggish you will need to disassemble it to see if it picked up any debris.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.