Polaris 280 stopped working...

Godiva

LifeTime Supporter
May 24, 2007
NJ
It ran fine yesterday; this morning I attached it to the wall, put it into the pool, and turned the pump motor on. (The pool filter pump was already on. It sounds like the motor is turning on, but nothing else happens.

I seem to remember that if the pool filter is turned on when the Polaris isn't connected, water comes out of the place where the Polaris would be connected...right? That's not happening now. This makes me think that something is wrong in the water lines, maybe? I'm not really sure how to troubleshoot this...do I have to get out a screwdriver and take off the wall fitting to check it? (If I do that, will water get behind the pool liner there, and would that set me up for more problems?)

I'm also not sure how to get the inline filter apart to clean it...

HELP!

Well, it's worked a few times since I posted, but there's nothing that I've done that made it work...it works when it wants to, it seems. I did verify that if no water is coming out of the connection in the pool wall, the Polaris won't work. So, I think there must be a blockage somewhere in the lines...how would I go about finding one, clearing it, etc.?

Thanks!

OK...here's what we did:

We took our garden hose with a pretty strong jet nozzle, and shot water into the pool wall return where the Polaris attaches. We did that for probably about a minute, and it's been working ever since. I don't know if there was an air pocket, or some other type of blockage, but it's better now!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.