plumbing leak questions - liquid fix a leak

dogman

May 8, 2014
missouri
I have another post under everything else but was not sure how to move it here. quick question slightly different than that post:

1. if the plumbing is encapsulated in the gunite pool, can there be a leak in that plumbing in the concrete? if so, how do you fix it?
2. I have a presumed pressure side leak, was wondering if any of the liquid fix a leak (or similar) works? I am losing about 500 + gallons a day running the pumps for 12 hours. I can dig up the lines from the pump to the pool wall somewhat easily (better than going through the concrete deck) but would that be the likely area of a leak if he piping is all into he concrete and the pool does not lose water when the pumps are off?

thanks

Are you sure of the leak location? I was convinced I had a Suction side leak until I had a leak detection company come out and test all my lines-No leaks. Instead I had a skimmer that had a cracked wall. I was losing 3-5 inches a day through that sucker. I would try to locate the leak first, then start chasing repairs.

Are you sure of the leak location? I was convinced I had a Suction side leak until I had a leak detection company come out and test all my lines-No leaks. Instead I had a skimmer that had a cracked wall. I was losing 3-5 inches a day through that sucker. I would try to locate the leak first, then start chasing repairs.

yep. Same here. Leaking skimmer body.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.