plumbing leak questions - liquid fix a leak

dogman

May 8, 2014
missouri
I have another post under everything else but was not sure how to move it here. quick question slightly different than that post:

1. if the plumbing is encapsulated in the gunite pool, can there be a leak in that plumbing in the concrete? if so, how do you fix it?
2. I have a presumed pressure side leak, was wondering if any of the liquid fix a leak (or similar) works? I am losing about 500 + gallons a day running the pumps for 12 hours. I can dig up the lines from the pump to the pool wall somewhat easily (better than going through the concrete deck) but would that be the likely area of a leak if he piping is all into he concrete and the pool does not lose water when the pumps are off?

thanks

Pool_Medic

In The Industry
Apr 1, 2018
Bangor Maine
The fix a leak won’t work imo, being on the pressure side it’s just going to get blown back into the pool and not be allowed to settle and seal any cracks.

crusemm

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Sep 1, 2011
North Texas
Are you sure of the leak location? I was convinced I had a Suction side leak until I had a leak detection company come out and test all my lines-No leaks. Instead I had a skimmer that had a cracked wall. I was losing 3-5 inches a day through that sucker. I would try to locate the leak first, then start chasing repairs.

Bperry

Gold Supporter
Aug 20, 2020
Knoxville, TN
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60
Are you sure of the leak location? I was convinced I had a Suction side leak until I had a leak detection company come out and test all my lines-No leaks. Instead I had a skimmer that had a cracked wall. I was losing 3-5 inches a day through that sucker. I would try to locate the leak first, then start chasing repairs.

yep. Same here. Leaking skimmer body.

dogman

May 8, 2014
missouri
shut the skimmers off and still had water loss. have the leak detection scheduled end of may. fingers crossed maybe sooner but everyone is busy this time of year.