Please tell me more about VIP forums....

Hojo76

Silver Supporter
Jun 20, 2016
Central Arkansas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I very much appreciate all the help I have received from TFP (and all the future help that I know I will need:p), and I was looking at the benefits of becoming a supporter. Can someone tell me more about the VIP forums and what I'm missing out on there? I read about the discounts and photo storage, which are so great! I just want to make sure I understand all of the benefits beforehand. Also, I just stumbled across the matching incentive for July and hope to get in on that.

Thank you all for your commitment to this site!

Sorry, only VIP's get to know what is going on in the VIP forum. ;)

In seriousness, think of it as the Coffee Bar but accessible only to other supporters. It's a small perk, but some fun discussions happen there.

Access to the VIP forums is probably the least of the reasons to donate. I don't mean to knock them, but keeping this site up and running for the support it provides is far more important in my opinion. If you donate just for the VIP access, I'm afraid you might be disappointed. There's much more going on in the public forums than behind the scenes.

Sorry, only VIP's get to know what is going on in the VIP forum. ;)

In seriousness, think of it as the Coffee Bar but accessible only to other supporters. It's a small perk, but some fun discussions happen there.

Ha! Dangling the secret club as bait.... I was hoping you would say that y'all would be at my beck and call 24 hours a day and that I would receive cell phone numbers of experts in every aspect of pool-land. Is that not the case??? :razz:

Ha! Dangling the secret club as bait.... I was hoping you would say that y'all would be at my beck and call 24 hours a day and that I would receive cell phone numbers of experts in every aspect of pool-land. Is that not the case??? :razz:

......( I can be bribed to give out a few-----pooldv is pretty good help!) Thank you for supporting the forum should you so choose. Never be a better time than now!

VIP forum?? Oh man, the drinks are flowin non stop. There’s always a live DJ spinning all your favorites, and did I mention all the Alaskan king crab legs you can eat!!!
And that’s where we talk about all the people that don’t support the site, :pth: :mrgreen:

I was hoping you would say that y'all would be at my beck and call...

I know you're teasing, but go have a look at the date and time stamps of posts of this thread (just about any thread, really). Minutes apart! TFP is about as "beck and call" as I've ever seen on the internet! And, as you've just discovered for yourself, you're going to get that kind of attention whether you've contributed or not. How cool is that? That's VIP treatment, if there ever was any.

TFP has probably already saved you more than you'd contribute, or it will soon enough. Think about the cost of a single service call from a pool pro, who may or may not even know what he's doing. TFP is access to thousands and thousands of people ready, willing and able to help you, many of whom have expertise well beyond the level of anybody you're going to get to your pool... Anything you contribute will be money well spent, for sure!

I cannot “measure” the quality of each post but I can give you this set of numbers.

On average TFP sees between 130-180 new threads each day during the summer......so let’s just say 150 new questions per day or just a hair over 1,000 a week.

We currently have only 25 new threads from the last 7 days that have not had a member respond to and offer some sort of reply. Now granted I cannot “measure” the quality of every post, but TFP’s users do an amazing job always at offering some sort of assistance. VIP or not.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.