PLEASE HELP!

Nana D

Jun 12, 2019
Arizona
I put Borax (last night) in my pool to raise PH, these are the numbers as of now: TChlorine 1, FChlorine 1, PH 7:8, Alk 240, stabilizer 150
(Grandkids coming this weekend!)
Should I give it more time?

Welcome.

What’s your goal? More time for what? Your pH is high enough. You don’t want it any higher.

Sounds like you’re having an issue of some sort. Let us know what it is and we’ll try to help.

BTW, Your Chlorine is very low given your stabilizer (CYA) level and your CYA is way too high. The only way to lower your CYA is to drain and refill or exchange your water.

If you can fill in your pool detail in your signature, we can help you figure out how to do this.

Hi Nana, welcome to TFP.

What was pH before you added Borax?
Your TA (Alkalinity) is rather high and because of it your pH will tend to raise.
There is no need to raise it with Borax.
Your CYA (stabilizer) if correct is too high. If that value is true you will need to do at least 50% drain/refill.
We need some info about your pool and type of equipment you have.
Is it above ground or in-ground pool? What type of filter you have? How water look like?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.