Tanya1113

Sep 16, 2019
VA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey all. I am a new owner of an above ground pool and feel so clueless..my water levels are great but I want to give my pump a break it has been running a while. My question is can I just unplug it? And if so do I need to plug anything to keep water stagnant?There is no on or off switch and it is not set on a timer. Please help!?

Welcome to the forum!
You can un plug your pump. Most pools only need a few hours of pump run time each day. Depending on how you chlorinate, skimming needs, etc.
Tell us more about your pool. Please fill out your signature.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Reactions: Tanya1113
Tanya,

To fill out your signature click on your screen name above right. Then click "signature" and add the information. Be sure to add pool size, type, and equipment brand plus model numbers. Also, if you want to use TFP methods for pool care you need a recommended pool test kit asap so get it on order now. I've treated my pool this way for many years. Dirt cheap using generic chemicals from big box stores and perfect pool all the time.

As you read through Pool School ask any questions to be sure you understand it. Experts like Marty are here to walk you through it and you'll learn it quickly with their step by step advice.

I hope this helps.,

Chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.