Please help ID Pool stain

Dec 6, 2016
Clovis/ca
Hi. New pool owner since October. I been been trying to keep the pool balance using the BBB method since I got the pool drained back in November. The pool guy power washer it and he said he used acid with no luck. There are some dark stains all over the pool. It is worst around the deep end. I put a chlorine tab on a couple spots around the pool for about 5 minutes and it did not change. What should I try next?

Results from poollogger.com

FC: 2.5 (I added chlorine after this to bring it up to 5)
CC: 0
PH: 7.8
TA: 125
CH: 275
CYA: 40
Temp: 66

Attachments

• IMG_7192.jpg
    IMG_7192.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_7163.jpg
    IMG_7163.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 57
Next if vitamin C! yep just some cheap vit. c crushed up in a sock and let it sit on one of the places or you can also rub the vit. c tablet on it.

Can you feel the stain if you rub your hand or fingernail over it?

Kim:kim:

I will go get come vitamin c today thanks.
The pool is filled. House was built in 1996. The neighbor told me the pool was built later. I'm sure the pool was neglected for a while. When I google map my house, I can see the pool is filled up about 2' from the bottom and that's where most of the darker stains are.

I got some vitamin c today. Crushed it up and put it in a sock. I put it where it's the darkest near the drain about 8' deep and couldn't really tell any difference. But I also put some on a spot on the stairs and noticed a huge difference. So does that mean I can use absorbing acid to get rid of some of the stains? Where's the best place to get some?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.