Please help cloudy water for about a month now

Hi all,
I opened our pool on June 7. It was so green it looked black. Started slamming and kept it going for almost 3 weeks most of the chemistry was good but could not get the CC to go below 2 and water was extreamly cloudy. Finely decided to drain all but around 18” of water and start over. Filled and water was better but still cloudy. At this point all chemistry is right on but still cloudy combined in around .2. The pool is 4’ deep and I can just see bottom step now almost a month into this. I have a cartridge filter and it just seems like it is bearly making any progress. Please help.

Please post your full test results and what test kit you are using so the experts can better help you.

Generally when a slam fails, either the proper FC for your CYA level wasn’t maintained and or you have a source of algae that hasn’t been brushed or cleaned.
See pool school for slamming instructions

Good Luck!😀

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.