Please help above ground salt water pool.

Oct0puslungz

Apr 14, 2022
Florence, South Carolina
Hey all! I have scoured the internet and have found no answers. I bought a home in October. It came with an above ground pool with a salt water filter. I know NOTHING about pools. The previous owners had drained the pool. There are a lot of trees so a ton of debris in the pool it has maybe a foot of water left and is green. What should I do? After reading online I’m worried about cleaning it with no water and harming the liner. Should I fill the pool back up and then shock it? Or finish draining and clean the bottom, then fill and add chemicals? I have tried to get professional help to come and get me started with the pool. But in my area I can’t get a call back and the pool stores are way too overpriced.

MITBeta

Gold Supporter
May 28, 2020
North Attleboro, Massachusetts
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Try to scoop as much of the solids out that you can, then refill. Order yourself a test kit now (Test Kits Compared) and pick up some liquid chlorine and stabilizer (cyanuric acid or CYA). Once you refill - check your water meter before you start and after you finish to get a rough estimate on volume - add 30ppm of stabilizer and follow the SLAM Process.

Post pictures!

Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread